The Estee Lauder Companies DevOps Lead in New York, New York
Brand: Estée Lauder Companies Corporate Departments
We are currently hiring a dynamic DevOps Lead with continuous integration and delivery experience in our New York office. This is a
great opportunity for someone who has the desire to work with teams that are passionate
about lean startup principles, innovation and creating amazing customer
In this role, you will understand the challenges
around scaling and managing distributed applications, services and deployment
pipelines. You must be adaptable, able to think quickly on your feet in a
fast-paced environment, and strive to build the simplest, most reliable
solutions. You get to set visionary direction for the next phase of growth
and scale in a company that is continuously recognized for its high-touch
In this position, you will:
- Ensure delivery of ELC Online productswith high availability and on-demand scalability, pushing theboundaries of present technology and work process to achieve these.
- Envision and implement solutions by applying leadingpractices and improvements to the software development lifecycle capabilitieswith focus on cost, value, performance, transparency, and risks related todelivery of software products and services.
- Create close inter departmental and inter divisionalcooperation including technical leadership, software development teams, andoperations teams to optimize, automate and accelerate processes for building,configuring, deployment and testing software releases.
- Balance between efficiency, streamlining functions andensuring long-term sustainability via strategic investments.
- Influence company-wide policy and strategy related toELC Online offerings, deep involvement in new offerings or products to ensureoperational soundness.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automationwithin the organization; create automation around deployment, management, andmonitoring of our service.s
- Build, manage, and maintain the deployment pipelinefrom developer laptop to production.
- Respond to both systemic and latent production anddeployment issues, perform root cause analysis, and partner with softwareengineers and operations team to resolve issues.
- Design and implement solutions to effectively monitor,alert and report on status of CI/CD processes.
- Analyze emerging technology, market trends and theirpotential impact in the DevOps domain.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 8 years of experience operationally managing Online
products, 5 of them at the director level or higher associated with globally
distributed SaaS infrastructure.
Knowledgeable in Lean software development
methodologies, networking and data communications, Internet technologies,
multi-tier application architectures and database technologies.
Experience with AWS infrastructure, software
configuration management tools, and other CI/CD tools and frameworks.
MS preferred in computer science, computer
engineering, or related field. MBA desirable.
Experience in managing budgets effectively across
multiple departments, financial reporting, setting up effective metrics and
Demonstrated success in unifying a product development
and delivery strategy across a company/organization.
Must be comfortable with ambiguity and change—can set
clear direction for others and make decisions in ambiguous situations in a
matrix organizational structure.
A track record of success leading technical teams that
rapidly prototype solutions, engage customers in those solutions as soon as
possible, and then quickly and repeatedly iterate solutions based on customer
Ability to lead, communicate and interact effectively
with technical professionals, as well as users who are non-technical experts.
Job: Online / E-Commerce
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 152256