The Estee Lauder Companies Senior Vice President, Key Account Management - Department Stores in New York, New York
Senior Vice President, Key Account Management - Department Stores
Brand: Estée Lauder Companies Corporate Departments
Key Account lead for the Corporation’s largest volume accounts with responsibility for development of the 3 year strategy as well as oversight for category management, merchandising, inventory levels, ELC’s P&L, measuring A&P effectiveness, evolving high touch and the creation of an ELC current and long -range marketing calendar where gaps and opportunities are defined. Responsible to achieve agreed upon fiscal sales plan at Department Stores. Works closely with North America brand leaders to drive initiatives, programs and product offerings that fill gaps, support competitive advantage as well as the needs of our Department Store consumer. In addition, partners on investment choices and media spend. Establish strong relationships with our Department Store partners to lead new initiatives and grow our business.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
● Leads development of ELC strategies for Department Stores in consideration of brand and region strategic objectives. Provides recommendations to NA brand leads on market, product/category/merchandising opportunities, competitive landscape, consumer demographics and multi-cultural opportunities for Department Stores.
● Serve as matrix manager to brand dedicated staff in execution of Department Stores’ strategies.
● Maintain highly intensive relationships with Department Stores to make sales plan and to develop their business strategies. Assess their strengths and weaknesses so that further development of common business opportunities is exploited and potential risk factors are reduced.
● Identify the categories of growth for Department Store cosmetics and strengthen the ELC offering to insure we contribute to the areas they are winning.
● As Department Stores are our largest partner on a global basis it is critical that this role builds a collaborative relationship with the clear understanding that we achieve our mutual goals.
Brand Portfolio/Brand Liaison
● Create the brand portfolio calendar for the account. This will include the developing the calendar by brand, by category, by month with the appropriate media plan around each activity. In this way we will be able to identify the gaps of product, promotion or media and work with brands to fill these gaps.
● Align the brands in our vision for Department Stores to ensure our plans will create market share gains.
● Responsible for developing the integrated calendar that will support the branded strategies and provide the product, promotion, and pull activities to grow our share at Department Stores and achieve our retail/net sales goals.
● Identify and coordinate actions that will maximize our selling expense.
● Develop processes and programs with the brands to reduce non value added cost.
● Create marketing calendar for the accounts.
● Identify gaps and account specific needs in terms of product, promotion, merchandising, visual, events, etc.
● Ensure key volume brands continue growth and maximize profitability via best practices and emerging opportunities. Evaluate brand and category opportunities by retailer and provide recommendations for product and distribution expansion opportunities.
15 years’ experience in consumer marketing and sales and/or retail business development
Strong knowledge of retailer account planning and programming.
Understanding of an open sell environment as well as multi-channel marketing is required.
Excellent presentation and communication skills are required.
Expertise to translate shopper insights and unique retailer strategies into key action steps.
Must possess strong collaboration and influencing skills in order to translate strategic objectives in to sales-driving action.
Proven ability of developing strong and trusted retailer relationships.
To be successful, this role will possess developed communication and diplomacy skills used to persuade and influence both brands and retail partners.
Strength in analytical thinking needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations.
Job: Strategy / Business Development
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 164572