The Estee Lauder Companies Design Director, Creative Services, Estee Lauder in New York
Design Director, Creative Services, Estee Lauder
Brand: Estée Lauder
The Design Director is responsible for incorporating brand strategy, product positioning, and related criteria into the thoughtful design development and photographic art direction of integrated launch collateral, Advertising support and special events.
Ensure the level of excellence in all creative work designed and executed is consistent, cohesive, meets brand strategy, and is within budget and timeframe. This includes concept, design, photographic art direction, supervision of retouching, supervision of production, and overall project management.
Responsible for supervision of photography, retouching, illustration and other outside services.
Create collateral materials including mailers, brochures, magazine inserts, point of purchase display, press kits, newspaper advertising, invitations, and related promotional print collateral.
Create innovation in design concepts and photographic art direction, while maintaining brand strategy and identity. Responsible for maintaining consistency and integrity of the Estee Lauder brand.
A commitment to innovation, excellence and the highest standards of quality, art direction and good design.
1) Position requires 8 years professional experience in a creative environment.
2) College degree in Creative Arts, Art Director, Design or related field.
3) Cosmetic and/or luxury experience a plus.
4) Must be able to manage a budget and schedule as well as supervise Associate Art Directors and production staff to meet objectives and deadlines.
5) Excellent written and verbal communications, strong presentation skills, ability to personally organize and set priorities. Must be able to interface with Marketing, Merchandising, Packaging, and Store Design departments.
6) Must have a sophisticated understanding of typography.
7) Must be comfortable on set art directing photography.
8) Must be aware of current fashion, beauty and lifestyle trends.
9) Must have substantial knowledge of print production including retouching, pre-press, proofing and be proficient in InDesgin, PhotoShop, and Illustrator.
10) Must be capable of handling numerous projects in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment.
11) Must be a responsible self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision.
Job: Creative / Design
Primary Location: Americas-US-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Job Number: 170393