The Estee Lauder Companies Senior Art Director, Makeup and Fragrance, Estee Lauder in New York
Senior Art Director, Makeup and Fragrance, Estee Lauder
Brand: Estée Lauder
The Design Director for Makeup and Fragrance is responsible for incorporating brand strategy, product positioning, and related criteria into the thoughtful design development and photographic art direction of integrated launch collateral, Advertising support, special events and social media.
Ensure the level of excellence in all creative work designed and executed is consistent, cohesive, meets brand strategy, and is within budget and timeframe. This includes concept, design, photographic art direction, supervision of retouching, supervision of production, and overall project management.
Responsible for supervision of photography, retouching, illustration and other outside services.
Create print materials including Advertising, mailers, brochures, magazine inserts, point of purchase display, newspaper advertising, invitations, and related promotional print collateral as well as assets suitable for social media including Gifs.
Create innovation in design concepts and photographic art direction, while maintaining brand strategy and identity. Responsible for maintaining consistency and integrity of the Estee Lauder brand.
A commitment to innovation, excellence and the highest standards of quality, art direction and design excellence.
1) Position requires 8 years professional experience in a creative environment.
2) College degree in Creative Arts, Art Director, Design or related field.
3) Cosmetic and/or luxury experience a plus.
4) Must be able to manage a budget and schedule as well as supervise Associate Art Directors and production staff to meet objectives and deadlines.
5) Excellent written and verbal communications, strong presentation skills, ability to personally organize and set priorities. Must be able to interface with Marketing, Merchandising, Packaging, and Store Design departments.
6) Must have a sophisticated understanding of typography.
7) Must be comfortable on set art directing photography.
8) Must be aware of current fashion, beauty and lifestyle trends.
9) Must have substantial knowledge of print production including retouching, pre-press, proofing and be proficient in InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator.
10) Must possess skillset to design animated assets (Gifs, etc.) for social media and other digital channels.
11) Must be capable of handling numerous projects in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment.
12) Must be a responsible self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision.
Job: Creative / Design
Primary Location: Americas-US-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 162651