The Estee Lauder Companies Retail Application System Manager in China
Retail Application System Manager
Brand: Estée Lauder Companies Corporate Departments
Estee Lauder Companies has a wide variety of IT systems that have been developed on a local, regional and global level. These systems are managed by GIS (Global Information Services) team members all around the world. They work within a Global organization using global processes and standards but fulfilling also the local service requirements.
The majority of the first level and depending on applications, level 2 support services as well are outsourced to 3rd party vendors. Therefore for most applications, 3rd party vendors would receive and provide first level Service Desk reporting.
In addition, Estee Lauder Companies has implemented SAP as their core system supporting key functions such as Order-to-Cash, Budget-to-Report, Procure-to-Pay, Demand-to-Build and Business Intelligence. Master data is resident in SAP and interfaces exist between applications to enable data exchange.
The GIS Retail team focus on the Retail IT strategy, landscape and service monitoring that is relevant to the retail operations of the business. The team manages all retail applications, assets (e.g. POS, interfaces, IT Devices) and infrastructure to provide GIS Services across China.
The Retail Application Manager ensures that Retail production systems are well maintained in a way to deliver the functionalities they are built for and assists users to benefit from them.
In terms of Problem Management which is the larger part of this job, the role requires end-to-end analysis of problems and recommendations for enhancements and fixes.
In terms of change requests, enhancements and projects, this position supports user requirements analysis, design, programming, quality assurance, documentation and implementation of all assigned application development and maintenance projects, ensuring accurate and timely completion; provide end user support including problem diagnosis, correction and training; and identify areas of enhancements to improve business process.
The Retail Application Manager will work with GIS China team, the relevant vendors, developers, support teams ( APAC Retail Team, Function Team, etc ) and project managers to deliver stable application environment to support the respective business processes. He/She also ensures business requirements are captured properly with the feedbacks from the internal customer ensure that the solutions meet business requirements
Retail Business Acumen with cross Functional knowledge
Solution Analytic and effectively manager expectations from Business as BP
Multiple task management capability and leverage appropriate technology/applications to improve business operations
Effectively manage affiliate GIS retail support team and outsourcing team
1. Working directly with the BRM and SDM of the affiliate, regional application team and support teams, be a good business partner with affiliate Brands and CRM in terms of application support and requirements analytics, resolution
* -Understands client's operational needs and strategic direction;
* -Manages and sets stakeholder expectations; -Ensures that all customer expectations have been met through delivery of services or projects;
* -Through collaborative efforts allows clients to focus on their business and achieve their goals;
* 2. Retail Team w orking Group Lead
* - Lead and collaborate with Affiliate Retail BAs to develop and execute Retail technology strategy; Maintain GIS China Retail application governance model by gathering business and functional requirements, and evaluating output requirements / formats with benefits.
* - Manage all applications used by local affiliate to achieve maximum stability and effectiveness. Analyze root causes of issues and develop preventive measures in terms of systems, processes or training.
* - Shapes thinking on how technology solutions support the goals of the business; Aligns GIS services with current and future needs of the business and its customers while improving quality of services delivered
* -Articulates GIS services and ensures services meet client needs and value expectations, while educating IT on client needs;
* 3. Perform a liaison function between APAC Retail/CRM Team and affiliate teams
* - Work closely with APAC Retail/CRM , Function Team, Program Management Office and other units in GIS. Coordinate efforts amongst the various resources (both internal and external) to deliver technology solutions and resolve issues.
* -Leverage the APAC GIS APP strategy and standardize to China and standardize the process to better provide delivery for affiliate
* -Develops communications to ensure that relevant parties are kept current with key happenings; and supports the branding and internal marketing of projects.
* -Provides a communication channel between projects, within projects, and with the business;
* -Work closely with APAC GIS team and relevant vendor to provide an end to end service model to affiliate
* REQUIREMENTS :
* Strong in analytical and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated success working in a matrix organization
* Proven track record in developing and sustaining relationship with users
* Familiar with retail industry and Retail Store business processes
* Good understanding of SDLC and project management life cycle
* Proven experience in change management
* Proven experience in risk management
* Proven experience in vendor management
* Ability to identify and prioritize tasks
* High level of initiative and able to manage multiple tasks
* Organized and self-motivated, with proven rapid learning capability
* A team player and team builder, locally, regionally and globally
* Strong customer orientation and culturally sensitive
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Fluent in English, written and spoken
Job: Information Technology / GIS
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-China
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Number: 162968