The Estee Lauder Companies Executive Director, Global Online Consumer Engagement, Becca in New York, New York
Executive Director, Global Online Consumer Engagement, Becca
Executive Director, Global Online Consumer Engagement, Becca
The Executive Director of Global Online Consumer Engagement is responsible for the development and delivery of BECCA’s Consumer Marketing strategies to further develop the brand’s performance in sales, profitability, image and competitive position. Reporting to the Vice President of Global Marketing, the ED is also responsible for deploying these strategies to both International and North America markets and consulting with key counterparts in each region to execute the strategy. The ED manages and develops a core team that is responsible for e-commerce, e-retailer, CRM, digital marketing, social media, influencer relations, customer service and overall consumer engagement.
The ideal candidate should be solutions-orientated, adaptable to change, a strategic thinker, technologically savvy and have an expansive knowledge of and interest in the ever-changing transactional environment across e-commerce, digital and social. They shall be a motivated self-starter who is open to new challenges, demonstrates a high attention to detail and sense of urgency. This person should be an excellent communicator, focused on building relationships internally and externally with retail and agency partners.
· Consumer-centric approach to brand marketing. Put the consumer first, talking with her rather than to her. Engage her where she wants, when she wants and how she wants. Engage her in the BECCA community, making her a partner in expanding the brand.
· NA Consumer Engagement strategy and plans. Develop and oversee the execution of BECCA’s consumer engagement strategy including: e-retailer, brand e-commerce, digital marketing and CRM strategy, social media, content and influencer strategy, online media planning, agency management and platform partner management.
· Global Consumer Engagement strategies and plans. Develop engagement strategies and plans for select initiatives. Work with Regions to adapt global plans and assets to develop innovative regional programs.
· E-commerce. Lead the online strategy, development and delivery of North America and International retailer.com and BECCACosmetics.com and omni-channel experiences. Develop and implement BECCA brand standards that ensure consistency in brand messaging and quality consistently throughout the consumer experience at all touchpoints ensuring an effortless online, mobile first experience. Develop first to market online activations and experiences in support of global go-to-market programs. Deliver sales and profit goals for BECCA’s brand e-commerce.
· Digital marketing. Oversee the digital marketing team to deliver global digital marketing strategy and campaigns. Develop plans to drive awareness, consideration, trial, conversion and loyalty using digital marketing tactics.
· Social media. Oversee the social media team in the creation of the social media and content strategy and which channels to play on globally. Ensure the social media strategy is seamlessly connected to the brand strategy to ensure a consistent consumer experience across touch-points.
· Influencer relations. Oversee the Influencer Relations team to deliver strong influencer engagement strategies and product collaboration go-to-market plans. Develop and leverage partnerships and influencer relationships to drive sales, brand awareness, interest and engagement.
· Consumer strategy and analytics. Leverage analytics to evaluate campaign, content and channel performance and to drive marketing ROI. Ensure that market intelligence and competitive information is received and analyzed so that market opportunities may be seized and acted upon. Present in-depth details to management.
· Customer service: Oversee the customer service team to best-in-class service experience across all online channels. Experiences should be effortless, engaging and rewarding for each and every consumer.
· Cross-functional collaboration and alignment. Partner and gain support of internal and external departments such as Brand and Product Marketing, Sales, Education, Operations, and Creative to effectively meet goals.
· Team development. Provide leadership and guidance to team under responsibility, with strong emphasis in team building, coaching and developing both direct reports and more junior members of the team.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
· Leadership. Change-oriented leader that is able to inspire employee commitment. Strong relationship builder. Manages through influence. Proven leadership and team management skills derived from having direct responsibility for building and managing a cohesive, high-performing team.
· Consumer-Focus. Strong commitment to our BECCA Beauties. Commitment to growing the BECCA business by developing deep consumer and influencer relationships
· Communication. Strong business and interpersonal communications skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas and processes in a simplified manner.
· Dynamic. Needs to be a creative and analytical thinker and problem solver, thrive in fast paced environment, prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once, have attention to detail and work well with cross functional teams.
· Must have a proven track record of +9 years of online marketing experience. E-commerce, social media, influencer relations, Search, CRM, E-mail, Digital and Integrated marketing experience strongly preferred.
· Must have strong skills in strategy and planning, budget and P/L management, merchandising, and marketing
· Must have the ability to translate Brand vision to the consumer engagement strategies that lead the company consistently towards that vision.
· Ability to manage internal and external project resources; experience managing the work of third party vendors
· Proven ability to deliver a range of projects based on project scope, timeline, cost and quality.
· Track record of growing revenues using innovative consumer marketing channels and techniques including social/digital marketing
· Track record of growing revenues for e-commerce websites
· Experience in innovative digital platforms, video and interactive branded experience.
· Beauty (prestige, indie or mass) experience is a strong plus both client and agency side experience. Selective/prestige market experiences a plus.
· The job requires an individual with an understanding of and a passion for beauty, fashion and lifestyle and with a strong sense of style and the ability to catch the pulse of global trends.
· Demonstrated success in building strong teams and managing processes and projects through collaborative business relationships
· Bachelor’s degree. MBA or relevant Master’s degree preferred
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Docs
· Excellent communication skills and enjoys working collaboratively internally and externally
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
· High level of dependability and sense of urgency
· Must have high attention to detail and deadline oriented
· Must have worked with internal or agency creative teams to brief, review and provide considered recommendations for creative assets