The Estée Lauder Companies attracts the most outstanding people from diverse industries and nurtures their talents. Whether they work in one of our stores, on a production line, at our corporate headquarters in New York City or in one of our affiliates worldwide, our employees take pride in their contributions to our success.
The Estee Lauder Companies Product Specialist, Global Product Development, Estee Lauder in New York, New York
Product Specialist, Global Product Development, Estee Lauder
Brand: Estée Lauder - Brand
To work with Director on the innovation and development of new projects within the Color Makeup category. Collaborate with team on all concept creation, formula / shade development for new programs. Work closely with R&D, Marketing, Packaging, Legal and Global Brand Supply Chain teams to ensure all developmental milestones are achieved based on launch timelines. Responsible for generating new product materials to support the execution of launch initiatives led by Product Marketing, Consumer Marketing, PR, Education, Digital and Creative teams. Candidates must be passionate, creative and experienced in product development.
1) Support the Director on the concept creation of new programs for the 3 year innovation calendar that address trends in product forms, textures and color.
2) Work closely with in-house R D and outside vendors on all aspects on new formula / shade development. Ensure all developmental dates in launch timelines are met.
3) Support the evaluation of all product submissions on a timely basis based on standard quality procedures (Lab/Pilot/1st Production). Communicate desired modifications to the lab or vendor via product submission form.
4) Travel to Estee Lauder or outside vendor labs / manufacturing sites for on-site approvals as needed. Confidence in shade matching required.
5) Maintain weekly status reports and keep Director and Senior Vice President informed of important project details including risks and timing.
6) Work closely with Director in preparation for category reviews, innovation presentations, regional meetings and product turnover presentations.
7) Assist Director on preparation of Product Profiles
8) Coordinate requests for product samples for Marketing, Creative, R D, Education
9) Keep an organized system for all benchmark submissions, standards and other related products.
10) Be abreast of new trends in and out of the industry. Attend trend seminars, industry trade shows and report on trends and related product developments when available.
11) Research competitive market place for new products and trends. Research consumer use and purchasing habits of products including analysis of merchandising techniques, sales practices, consumer usage habits and consumer needs.
12) Purchase and evaluate competitive products, prepare written assessments, inclusive of preparing a quarterly competitive review to be disseminated and participate in presenting data.
13) Review magazines and social media/websites (blogger/vlogger reviews etc.) to keep abreast of competitive product launches and new technologies.
14) Responsible for orchestrating product evaluations and summarizing feedback for department.
15) Be a team player with Marketing, Packaging and R&D aiding in each step of the development process.
Work hand in hand with the following departments:
Participate in GPPD, GBSC, Regional Marketing Conference Calls, Status Meetings
Partner with Marketing on new product presentations to regions and cross functional teams
Provide constant daily communication to peers on changes to product and/or shades.
Participate in Conceptual brainstorming sessions with creative input.
Assist in all bench work and lab standards establishments
Communicate all recommended textural changes on formula development on a timely basis.
Initiate product testing with Safety Testing, Clinical / CEC and assist evaluation of data.
Initiate/Track all clinical testing based on desired claims.
Track all critical R&D dates, PFA, copy, test dates.
Assist in briefing Packaging on new projects that require new packaging to source or develop
Evaluate the components for product compatibility to ensure quality
Advise usage and function requirements
- Review and provide information for any education tools/written materials.
Creative (Copy, Advertising, Design, Consumer Marketing)
Supply product profiles when completed.
Supply product samples as needed.
Contribute and evaluate incoming copy for accuracy
Position requires minimum of 3 years related work experience.
Previous experience in Makeup Product Development; Experience in Face category required; should have pertinent business experience in the cosmetic industry.
Strong shade matching skills & color eye
Creative thinker with strong skills in tactile/aesthetic evaluation of cosmetic products as well as the ability to effectively communicate product understanding.
Strong communication and writing skills.
Strong organization and planning skills
Working knowledge of computers – Power Point, Excel , Word, Outlook, etc.
Job: Product Development - R&D
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Number: 1914579
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com