The Estée Lauder Companies attracts the most outstanding people from diverse industries and nurtures their talents. Whether they work in one of our stores, on a production line, at our corporate headquarters in New York City or in one of our affiliates worldwide, our employees take pride in their contributions to our success.
The Estee Lauder Companies Brand Development Manager in Shanghai, China
Brand Development Manager
A. Ensures Customer and Market Growth
1) Implement programs to maintain and improve current percentage of business, and grow market share percentage. Protect brand successful pillars and be a leader brand in the market.
2) Develop market programs for winning pillars and new products for successful new customers’ recruitment and retaining loyal customer base.
3) Examine, recommend and implement additional external opportunities to build and embellish programs for all categories, and bring new customers to the brand.
B. Manages Operational Effectiveness
1) Ensure legal compliance checks on all advertising, printed and collateral material.
2) Manage excess inventory for all categories and determine actions to quit excess stock.
3) Complete purchase orders, maintain expense file and check expenditure against budget.
Attend regular planning, forecasting and distribution meetings and take
4) responsibility. Assist Field with marketing enquires concerning product allocation, shipping of product and collateral
C. Improves Business Processes
1) Participate in formulation of marketing calendar with Group Product Manager in planning of marketing objectives, strategies, advertising, promotional and special events programs and ensure effective execution. Maintain marketing calendar; make changes, updates when required, and communicate with marketing team.
2) Participate in formulation of media plan with assigned launch campaigns. Maintain and update the plan when required, and communicate with marketing team. Ensure that media budget is on track.
3) Work closely with creative agency to develop national ad, including layout, copy, FA till to material delivery to media. Organize product, packaging for photography samples. Check all material for correct details regarding copy, product names, sizes, price, etc.
4) Develop and brief Creative Services for all collateral, promotional and Special event materials including posters, direct mail, national and cop-op advertising.
5) Prepare forecasts for use in planning and inventory control. Work closely with FIM to follow new products logistic (including HP, BSE, custom clearance and DC labeling), communicate with sales administrator for sell-in.
6) Prepare analytical data relevant to each category performance, individual product history for Brand review and as required by the Group Product Manager.
7) Maintain competitor awareness. Produce reports in regard to competitor analysis and updates.
8) In conjunction with sales administrator, ensure order placement. Closely monitor progress of product to China, and produce turnaround documentation.
9) Develop marketing bulletins relevant to each category for timely distribution to field teams.
10) Advise all relevant departments of product discontinuations. Maintain ongoing collateral status report and monitor usage plan.
11) Maintain sample usage plan together with Special Event Team. Ensure sample rollout programs to each distribution channels incl. department stores/Sephora/Online are available on time with correct allocation.
University graduate & Above
Fluent English and Mandarin a must
3-4 years of marketing experience
Cosmetics, FMCG experience and luxury brands retail experience a preference.
Required Background Characteristics
Decisive, able to make sounds decisions despite uncertainty and pressure.
Act ethically and are above reproach.
Good sense of responsibility. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
Sensible to data, able to support POV with solid data analysis.
Seeks out fresh ideas from a wide variety of sources.
Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change.
Displays proactivity and persistence.
Use effective tactics for persuasion.
Listens openly and sends convincing messages.
Handles difficult and tense situation with diplomacy and tact.
Respected and enthusiastic leader
Draws others into enthusiastic commitment to the collective effort. Has a direction,energy, and passion. Inspires others to exceed expectations. Shapes the environment to foster a drive toward achievement, learning, and teamwork. Models behavior.
Displays integrity and builds trust
Honors commitments. Takes responsibility for difficult decisions. Honest and behaves consistently with espoused values. Confronts unethical behavior.
Can manage emotions. Maintains calm and perspective in difficult situations.
Knows own strengths. Welcomes challenges. Willing to champion change even in the face of opposition.
Optimistic and Perseveres
Rolls with the punches, seeing an opportunity rather than a set back. Sees others positively, expecting the best of them. Remains motivated despite adversity.
Identifies the implications of macro trends for the business. Can identify potential problems and opportunities both in the short and long term. Is able to identify critical concerns and prioritize.
Seeks continual learning and is open-minded
Stays aware of macro trends (in industry, business, economy, society, policy, and regulations) and all aspects of the company’s business. Aggressively gathers information on a range of topics. Actively elicits different points of view and understands different perspectives.
Experiments with new concepts and approaches. Comes up with creative solutions to difficult problems.
Sets high standards. Sets challenging yet attainable goals. Takes calculated risks
Clearly communicates expectations. Can relate to a range of people. Knows how and when to adapt communication style to audience and objective, e.g. when to be directive and when to seek discussion and input.
Persuasive and engaging
Knows how to get buy-in and build a network of support. Finds ways to overcome opposition. Can negotiate skillfully, winning concessions without damaging relationships.
Genuinely interested in developing others
Works cooperatively with peers, management, subordinates, and other departments
Seeks personal improvement and adapts behavior to feedback and experience
Open to exploring own limitations. Knows when to ask for help. Exhibits a sense of humor about own self and gracefully welcomes constructive criticism.
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-CN-Shanghai
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Number: 193642